When we started to revamp our website with the idea of starting a blog before the pandemic started to impact every day life here in New Jersey, I didn’t think my first blog post would be about how our business is handling a crisis. Alas, that is the state of the world right now.
I just wanted to take a moment to let our clients know that we are open and operating the best we can. Real estate appraisers have been labeled essential in New Jersey so we are carrying on. However, there are some items of note to keep in mind:
- A lot of our operations have moved home and therefore the best way to communicate for the time being is via email. You can also call the office at (201) 288-0214. You may catch one of us in the office, but if not, our voicemail system emails us if someone has left a message. One of us will return your call as soon as possible.
- We are trying to avoid interior inspections if at all possible. Not only is this for our own safety, but the safety of our clients and property owners. Vacant properties are more manageable, and we can certainly inspect any pieces of land.
- We can also work with you the best we can to create a credible appraisal while viewing the property from the exterior if the need arises.
- Although we are unable to make interior inspections at this time, we can start the appraisal process with doing research and other analysis to be prepared for inspections when we can get back to normal.
- The deadline to file a tax assessment appeal n New Jersey has been extended, allowing more time to complete any necessary appraisal work when things settle down.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Don or I and we’ll be happy to help you with any appraisal related questions you may have during this difficult time.
Over the coming weeks I’ll be posting links to articles about how this pandemic may be impacting the real estate market to keep our clients up to date on real estate happenings in New Jersey as well as nationally. Please keep referring to our blog for an easy place to get the latest information and analysis from the experts.
Our thoughts are with you all and we hope you are staying healthy!